|Title of the article
ON THE ISSUE OF THE GENRE AND COMPOSITION OF THE SKETCH BY D. S. MEREZHKOVSKY «BROTHER HUMAN»
Murtuzalieva Ekaterina Abdulmedzhidovna, Candidate of philological sciences, associate professor, sub-department of Russian literature, Dagestan State University (43a Magomeda Gadzhieva street, Makhachkala, the Republic of Dagestan, Russia), email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. Relevance of the research is caused by insufficient study of the lite-rary and critical heritage by D. S. Merezhkovsky which is usually considered as lite-rary criticism or, in rare instances, as critical prose. In this regard it is necessary to carry out the analysis allowing to reveal the standard, genre and composite originali-ty, features of the method of Merezhkovsky by the example of research of his essay «Brother Human».
Materials and methods. Realization of the research tasks was achieved on the ba-sis of using the comparative-relative method allowing to compare tools of figura-tiveness in Merezhkovsky's art and critical prose. The biographic method allowed to establish the subjectivity reasons in Merezhkovsky's appraisals. Importance of the structural and descriptive method is obvious in respect to studying the features of composition of the essay.
Results. The compositional features of the essay by Merezhkovsky «Brother hu-man» are investigated, its genre nature, figurative structure were defined. The author noted the traditions of critical prose of Dostoevsky continuing and developing in Merezhkovsky's critical prose.
Conclusions. The essay is a memoir of critical prose filled with subjective author's principle. D. S. Merezhkovsky's critical prose is characterized by compari-sons, antitheses, extensive citing, symbolics. Merezhkovsky creates the subjective image of Chekhov similar by the figurative nature to an artistic image in which his religious and philosophical preferences are reflected.
nature of the genre, memoir essay of the critical prose, essay com-position, subjectivity of Merezhkovsky, general human and extemporal context, Bib-lical associations.
|| Download PDF
1. Merezhkovskiy D. S. Vechnye sputniki. Portrety iz vsemirnoy literatury [Eternal com-panions. Images from the world literature]. Saint Petersburg: Nauka, 2007, pp. 348–371.
2. Merezhkovskiy D. S. Akropol'. Izbrannye literaturno-kriticheskie stat'I [Acropolis. Se-lected literary-critical articles]. Moscow: Knizhnaya palata, 1991, pp. 286–294.
3. Merezhkovskiy D. S. Vechnye sputniki. Portrety iz vsemirnoy literatury [Eternal com-panions. Images from the world literature]. Saint Petersburg: Nauka, 2007, pp. 428–503.
4. Merezhkovskiy D. S. Akropol'. Izbrannye literaturno-kriticheskie stat'I [Acropolis. Selected literary-critical articles]. Moscow: Knizhnaya palata, 1991, pp. 247–252.
5. Gippius Z. N. Zhivye litsa [Live faces]. Moscow: Olma-press, 2002, 448 p.
6. Kapustin N. V. Chekhoviana. Iz veka XX v XXI: itogi i ozhidaniya: sb. st. [Chekhovia-na. From XX to XXI century: results and expectations: collected articles]. Moscow: Nauka, 2007, pp. 176–188.
7. Chekhov M. P. Vokrug Chekhova: Vstrechi i vpechatleniya [Around Chekhov: meetings and impressions]. Moscow: Khudozhestvennaya literatura, 1959, 304 p.
8. Amfiteatrov A. V. Anton Chekhov i A. S. Suvorin. Otvetnye mysli [Anton Chekhov and A. S. Suvorin. Reciprocal thoughtы]. Available at: http://dugward.ru/library/chehov/ amfiteatrov_chehov_suvorin.html
Дата создания: 21.10.2014 09:53
Дата обновления: 22.10.2014 15:14